Monday, March 07, 2005

Self fulfilling prophesys and other musings...

Self fulfilling prophesys... yeah, maybe I do that... I get down on things, and myself, and the fear and doubt about situations take over, and then things don't happen the way I want, but happen the way I negatively project they will... that's what I'm being told by a friend... maybe it's true... maybe I just expect so much that things won't go my way, that inevitably they don't... I talk myself out of it...

I really want to break myself of these things... because I think if I don't, I really may be miserable forever... which would become yet another of those self fulfilling prophesys... I want to know how to get over it... Am I really seeing myself in some fucked up mirror that is distorting my own image of myself... do other people really see me in a totally different way then I see myself? And are they maybe more right then I am? Maybe because they are more neutral... they don't have all these assumptions I have about myself, ingrained ideas and notions that have been burned into me since I was a kid... can I fix this alone... or will that just make me see myself more the way I do now... so far in my life it's only seemed to serve to further enforce my own ideas about myself... and those notions I internalized because of things told to me when I was young... but how do I see myself from outside myself... how can I see with any perspective other than my own... ??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOu can't fix it alone. but in time and with help you will find your proper path.Not to say that everything will be a happy rainbow but you will find your true place rather than the dungeon of your own making